Sunday, November 29, 2009

While finding an animation for this particular assignment, I found an amazing blog and animation artist Pascal Campion. He is currently working on projects in animation and traveling back and forth to Los Angeles. I decided to incorporate a link to this blog because I found his animations really interesting. All his animations are done in flash with his own sketches. He has a particular style to his sketches. When I was watching some of his animations, I would say that a lot of his sketches may have been influenced by Tim Burton, (who currently has an exhibition on display at the Moma, and it is simply amazing). In working on my own animation it's been quite a challenge. I have been having a hard time becoming familiar with the software Flash. I have an even harder time drawing, so I have so much respect for those who sketch and are able to then incorporate that into an animation. Pascal Campion went to an art school in France, so he has been working in the field for quite some time and it's obvious after looking at his pieces. After reading my blog click on the link and then click on animations and view the fifth animation. I really liked this one because it was simple sketches but yet a defined beginning, middle, and end, even though the piece was very short. This particular piece also had a very definite style, due to his sketches and well thought out use of color and the software to give it a dramatic edgy feel. I really enjoyed his consistency with the flashing to add dramatic affect and his use of colors to add intensity. While watching this you can tell he knows the program and uses it to his advantage.

http://pascalcampion.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment